I just fielded two phone calls about the difference between a DogWatch Hidden Fence and a store bought system, so I thought why not write about it for all to see.
There are many, many differences, but I'd just like to hit on a few of the key ones to help people understand why it is always better to go with a professionally installed underground fence. A big difference between the two is quality of equipment and another is customer service. But here are more specific examples:
- DogWatch is the only system out there that offers a two year battery life in the receiver. This is not only safer for your dog, but also more convenient and cheaper for you.
- DogWatch is the only system that offers indoor and outdoor surge protection. This is important if lightning were ever to strike your yard and follow the wire into your home.
- A lifetime warranty is included on the DogWatch receiver and the transmitter including dog chews. This may vary by manufacturer, but be sure to check it out as that warranty is important.
- We use a much higher gauge of wire than comes with most store bought systems. If you do choose to self install, be sure to purchase at least 16 gauge wire with a thick jacket that is rated for underground use.
- DogWatch offers unlimited training assistance with the purchase of a DogWatch Hidden Fence. We also offer a 100% money back containment guarantee that we WILL keep your dog in the yard. Period.
- With us, you are working with a locally, family owned and operated company that has the backing of a National company. This really offers you the best of both world.
- With a professionally installed system, you know you will receive an installation done right the first time with all the proper tools. There is nothing worse than starting a job and realizing you need to go back to the store to get another tool, especially an expensive one.
- Our receivers are not only adjustable by you, but they are also intended and able to be adjusted to each dog. Correction levels should vary by dog based on size, temperament, and hair.
- We offer to-your-door customer service. Are you ready to deal with a purchase such as this ONLY with phone support and mail? What if you have problems? What if something doesn't work? What if your dog reacts badly? What then?
- We meet our customers (both two and four legged) face-to-face and know them. We do business with them. They are our friends. We appreciate those people that do business locally and try to do the same ourselves.
An underground pet containment system may sound like an easy DIY project, but there are many, many things that could go wrong. Leave this purchase to the professionals to make sure that both you and your dog have a pleasant and uneventful experience. We've had many, many customers tell us this is the best money they have ever spent. Let us prove it to you too. We haven't won all these awards for nothing! Contact us today for a free in-yard estimate.