Posted in Bloggies on November 29, 2011 by Emily West
On the Second Day of Christmas DogWatch gave to me a free bath during a day care stay for your dog at Camp Bow Wow Hilliard. This offer is good until January 31, 2012. Just "like" Camp Bow Wow Hilliard on Facebook (see link below) and write "DogWatch gave my dog a bath for Christmas at Camp Bow Wow."
Lori and Kevin Thelen are the owners at Camp Bow Wow Hilliard. They are dear customers and friends of ours and are people we are so happy to be associated with. Camp Bow Wow fosters four lucky dogs at a time through P.A.W.S and Columbus Cocker Rescue.
Keep an eye on Camp Bow Wow Hilliard's Facebook page as they often host fun events and occasionally post special offers. They are involved in many local events, host "Yappy Hours", and will often sponsor food drives for local rescue groups.
Posted in Bloggies on December 10, 2010 by Emily West
On the Fifth Day of Christmas DogWatch gave to me a free bath during a day care stay for your dog at Camp Bow Wow Hilliard. This offer is good until January 31, 2011. Just "like" Camp Bow Wow Hilliard on Facebook (see link below) and write "DogWatch gave my dog a bath for Christmas at Camp Bow Wow."
Lori and Kevin Thelen are the owners at Camp Bow Wow Hilliard. Again, customers and friends of ours they are people we are so happy to be associated with. Camp Bow Wow fosters four lucky dogs at a time through Columbus Dog Connection and Columbus Cocker Rescue. If you received our newsletter, Checkers has been staying with them since he was surrendered.
Keep an eye on Camp Bow Wow Hilliard's facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Camp-Bow-Wow-Hilliard/128736340389. They are involved in many local events, sponser "Yappy Hours" as Kevin dabbles in wine making, and will often sponser food drives for local rescues.
Posted in Bloggies on February 19, 2010 by Pat West
Where your pet stays while you are away is not an easy decision. There are so many to choose from and whether you want just the basics or super high tech the most important factor is whether it is right for your dog. Here are some tips to help you make the right choice:
1. Ask your vet for recommendations. They speak to many people and have probably heard good and bad things about the surrounding Kennels. Some vets even board pets right at their own facility.
2. Ask your friends and co-workers. Don’t be afraid to pull from other resources. When asked, most people are very happy to share their experiences.
3. Is proximity important to you? If it doesn’t matter how far you travel to keep your pet safe while you are away it will open up many more kennels to choose from.
4. Go on-line and do some research. You will be surprised at how much information on the subject you will find. www.doggies.com is a good resource to find kennels in your area.
5. Visit the kennel before bringing your pet. Look around. Is it clean? Do the dogs have room for exercise? Is there clean bedding? How is the ventilation? Does the staff seem like they truly care for the pets? Ask for a tour. If they are reluctant it probably isn’t a place you want to keep your pet.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions. How do they deal with medical emergencies? Is there medical staff on hand or close by. Can they cater to special diets? What kind of exercise do they offer? Can you leave a special blanket or toy for your dog?
7. How booked is the kennel on the dates you will be away? If they are going to be crowded your pet may not get the attention he or she needs and deserves.
8. Don’t forget to discuss cost. While the safety and well being of your pets are priceless, in this day and age it doesn’t hurt to compare prices. If you can find similar care for a lower price somewhere else it is worth the research.
Our pets are valuable members of our families. Who is taking care of them and how well they are able to do so while we are away is a very important decision. We at DogWatch of Columbus hope these tips can help you find a safe, and comfortable place for your pets. If you would like a list of our recommendations please go to www.dogwatchofcolumbus.com and check out our links page.