"Why is a DogWatch Hidden Fence better than our competiton?" is one of our most frequently asked questions. We thought putting those answers down in writing might be helpful to those of you looking to make a decision on which fence company to use.
- Battery Life: DogWatch Hidden Fences R9 receiver boasts a two year battery life. Most other receivers out there have a battery life of less than 6 months and some are even 3 months or less than that! When the battery gets weak or dies, that is when the dogs have the chance of figuring out their fence isn't working. So why not go with the longest battery life possible? Plus you can save yourself a little bit of money and hassle in the process.
- Non-proprietary Batteries: Can you order batteries from us? You bet, call us, e-mail us or order them from our store and we'll promptly drop them in the mail to you or you can swing by the office and pick them up. But you don't have to get the batteries through us, which some people really like. You can buy our batteries on-line, at Batteries Plus or at Radio Shack. We love that we are able to offer you many convenient options that best fits your lifestyle.
- Customer Adjustable Equipment: All of our equipment is EASILY adjustable by you, the customer. We show you how to change all settings at the time of install, but we're a quick phone call or e-mail away if you have any questions. Not only does this help minimize the expense and hassle of service calls, it is safer for your dog as it allows you to adjust quickly to your dogs needs, if necessary.
- Unlimited Training Assistance: Here in Columbus, Ohio, we offer unlimited training assistance to our customers. We feel that we have already charged you for a working system, so why on earth would we charge you more to actually make it work? To each their own, but we will never charge extra for additional training sessions within that first year of the system being installed. Never.
- FM Digital Signal: All of these types of fences run on a digital signal. But digital can be only AM or FM. DogWatch is the ONLY system that runs on an FM signal. This means there are far fewer chances for stray signals affecting your dog. It gets a bit complicated, but another DogWatch dealer has summarized it well in this article "The Truth About Digital Modulation". It's a good read if you want more technical reasons as to why the FM Digial signal is a better choice.
- Outdoor Surge Protection: Keeping lightening out of your home is one of our main priorities as a strike could follow the wire into your garage. That is why DogWatch installs OUTDOOR surge protection to keep the lightning outside where it should be. We are the only company out there that offers this very important feature.
- Family Owned and Operated with the Backing of a National Company: We really think this is important. How often can you completely support a local and family owned business and have their support and customer service AND have the backing of a larger national company besides. DogWatch has it! There are customer service reps at the corporate office standing by for questions if for ever any reason you would need their support, but we're here locally in Hilliard as well.
- Lifetime Warranties INCLUDING Dog Chews: DogWatch has warranties that are second to none, plus we make honoring those warranties as easy as possible.
- Indoor Units: Some companies offer these, but other companies don't. These little gems can help you keep dogs out of particular rooms, off pieces of furniture, off a different level of the house, away from the Christmas Tree or from running out the front door. Truly, the applications for use for the indoor units is limitless. Just call if you have questions and would like to discuss.
- Multiple Communication Tools: We feel that it's important to be where our customers are, so you can reach us many, many different ways. Not only do these social media sites make us easy to reach, but they also allow us to provide you valuable information about your dog, local dog events, recalls, stories, pictures, comics, quotes, and whatever else we think you may find entertaining about dogs.
- Phone: 614-527-3799
- Website Contact Form: www.dogwatchofcolumbus.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/dogwatchofcolumbus
- Twitter: www.twitter/dogwatchohio
- Instagram: www.instagram/dogwatchofcolumbus
- You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DogWatchofColumbus
We hope this has helped to answer some of your questions and to truly see the difference in the DogWatch Hidden Fence. If you have any questions please contact us in Columbus, Ohio or the surrounding area or go to www.dogwatch.com to locate the dealer nearest you.